The Jade Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all members (and anyone interested) in The Jade Gathering.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where next? - Conclusion?

Go down 
+4
Erlador
Rainseeker
Elendrion
Malvor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

Where next? - Conclusion? Empty
PostSubject: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 am

Right, in order to put the emphasis back on the members of The Jade Gathering, I'm going to do a quick poll to decide where we next move to. As you all well know, we're known as a 'roaming guild' now, and we move from location to location when each MSE is finished with. I have a few ideas as to our next location, but I think that this one should best be thought upon by you.

Our options are:

1) The Barrens - We'd be posted in the desolate landscape with the sole aim of restoring the forest to the area, and further emphasising the growth around the Oasis's in the area. We would also likely encounter some centaur and perhaps even some Horde guilds while out and about.

Pros:

• We'd be exposed to a completely new location, nothing like we've seen before
  • The area is easy to move about in, and we could easily find a place to set up camp
  • Barrens isn't too far from Darkshore, so the walk wouldn't be massive
  • It would be easy to develop another MSE in this new environment
  • Possibility for some RP-PvP action

Cons:

• We would likely find it difficult to continue our Druidic teachings in such an area
  • Contact with other guilds would once again be put on hold, which would be a huge shame
  • The RP-PvP idea would likely have to be strictly Goblin-based, to avoid breaking the laws the Circle has to uphold

2) Azuremyst Isles - The lost isles of the Draenei, and home to the Exodar. Our main reason for being here would be to slow the corruption spread by the Draenei here, and likely help with the eradication of many of the 'Demonic' species present in the area. Collaboration with other guilds would also be likely.

Pros:

• It would once again be fairly easy to start up a new MSE in this location
  • Druidic teachings would take on a new level when exposed to the different culture
  • Easy partnership with other guilds could be made

Cons:

• The stay wouldn't be very long, as we would run out of 'things to do' after a short while
  • Relations with the Draenei would be difficult at best
  • It is far from any 'normal' Kaldorei settlements, so connection with the outside world would be hard to maintain
  • Finding a place to base ourselves would be very difficult

3) Darnassus - The Capital of the Night Elves would make an adequate place to house The Jade Gathering for a short while, as there are plenty of other organisations in the area that would welcome our presence, and there is already perfect accomodation waiting for us.

Pros:

• There are lots of other guilds in the location, so we wouldn't run out of new faces
  • The Cenarion Enclave would make for a perfect place of housing for the Jades
  • Keeping connections up with the other Kaldorein guilds would be easy
  • Joint 'community' events could be organised
  • Recruiting would be made considerably easier
  • Many of the Jades already have friends in the location
  • We could likely move into Teldrassil after a while
  • Druidic teaching would take a front-role

Cons:

• The other guilds would likely not welcome the fact that we are recruiting in the same location as them
  • Old disagreements would likely rise once more
  • Creating any sort of MSE would be extremely difficult
  • Events would likely have to be more spread out, with less overall
  • Any events would have to be teaching-based, thus alienating any non-Druids
  • The location is small and would likely have to be emmigrated from after a while
  • General/Trade chat 'spam' would make RP difficult

4) Darkshore - The Jades could possibly remain in Darkshore for a short while, thus continuing any possibly lost storylines and making the events easier to handle. They would move up North, so the location would not be the same, boring Grove, and a new MSE could be developed.

Pros:

• The location is easy to plan events in
  • We would move closer to the Burning Thicket, so a new MSE would be based around that
  • The location is scenic, and is interesting to RP within

Cons:

• A new MSE would probably be short, due to a used-up batch of ideas for the area
  • Being in the same zone for a further extended period of time would become tiresome
  • Recruiting would continue to be difficult, due to the lack of people in Darkshore
  • We would still be isolated, as a bubble-RP guild

It's your choice!

Vote as a comment as to which location you would most like to visit next. State the number and the name of the location, and if you want, your own reasoning for going to that place. Also, include any further Pros/Cons that can be added to each location, so everyone has as much information as possible.

Last edited by Malvor on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.argentarchives.org/node/92178
Elendrion

Elendrion

PostSubject: Azuremyst Isle   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 am

Number 3

Azuremyst Isle

I'd love for us to do some RP with the new Draenei Guilds appearing, and it'd be nice to get out of Darkshore.
Back to top Go down
Rainseeker

Rainseeker

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:47 am

I am pending n between Darnassus and azuremist isle.

Darnassus would be good for a lot of rp and indeed we could get more members as well as joining in on other guild events as well as them coming into ours.

As azuremist would hold far more interesting rp for events and such, and perhaps we could even get ourselfs a dranic shaman roaming there, that is if we would make exceptions for those good enough to match the high standard of coarse.

For now I prefer the azuremist isle.
Back to top Go down
Erlador
Admin
Erlador

PostSubject: Barrens!   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:41 am

I say we ought to take our merry band of tree huggers to the barrens! I think it would not only be a welcome change of scenery but also a chance for different good rp chances.

We could:
1. arrange some rp-pvp with appropriate guilds such as goblin guilds (like Malvor said..), overzealous orc guilds etc.
2. Work on managing the overgrowth in the southern barrens. (also a lesson for druids about being carefull...)
3. Fighting quilboar.
4. Accidentally getting mixed up alliance v horde warfare and working our way out of the situation without ruining the circle's reputation.

etc etc etc. And much much more. (As is said when you can't come up with more...)

P.S. In case you did not figure it out by now, I vote for option number one (1).
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: My view   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:54 am

Just to help get things straight, I would like to make something known:

We could always combine two of the options, such as Darnassus and Azuremyst, and make the most of both things.

For example:

We go to Darnassus for two weeks and recruit like mad. Once our membership has reached an adequate number, perhaps around 40-45+, we move out to Azuremyst Isles and begin to develop a new MSE with the location, whilst maintaining contact with guilds in the area. This way we can fill in the gaps in our activity and not stay too long as to cause unrest between the other guilds in the area and begin to miss our exciting events too much.
Back to top Go down
Barkskin

Barkskin

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 am

think Barrens could be pretty sweet.

the oases there is very greatly provided with druidic powers and alot of merchan/explore traveling guilds apparently head to barrens atm.

(my main is xD)

there are more orcs playing there and it would also give us the ideal horde vs alliance as we have to step carefully.

+ it will give us a hard time with the heat and all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Morphinite

PostSubject: Darnassus   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:46 am

I'd say a trip to Darnassus, partly for a selfish reason to hopefully my own up coming RP of becoming more accepted into the guild and I have even spoke with someone who is willing to teach my character more of the druids ways and will remove my character's 'corruption' which is seen against lore, and I'd like that over and done with.
Otherwise it does not bother me to where we go, RP is RP and as long as there is some, I'd be happy.
Back to top Go down
Ashevn

Ashevn

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 am

I personally lean more towards Darnassus. Or perhaps the idea of being within Darnassus and doing our events on the mainland. Everyone suits up, flies over the sea, and lands as we continue our work against the Twilight's Hammer from the safety of Teldrassil itself. That's just an idea. It would also allow us to mingle with other guilds even if I personally have some issues with people who frequent Darnassus. Not that it matters, however. I guess I'd just like to be in a populated spot so that we're not always RPing with just 3 to 4 people.
Back to top Go down
Rainseeker

Rainseeker

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 am

Malvor wrote:

We could always combine two of the options, such as Darnassus and Azuremyst, and make the most of both things.

For example:

We go to Darnassus for two weeks and recruit like mad. Once our membership has reached an adequate number, perhaps around 40-45+, we move out to Azuremyst Isles and begin to develop a new MSE with the location, whilst maintaining contact with guilds in the area. This way we can fill in the gaps in our activity and not stay too long as to cause unrest between the other guilds in the area and begin to miss our exciting events too much.

I like the taught of that, providing we do not piss them of to soon.
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: Yarp   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 am

Indeed it'd work, but we'll see what the vote leads to beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Lillibet

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 am

Quote :
Malvor wrote:

For example:

I like the taught of that, providing we do not piss them of to soon.

Personally I think that sounds like a great idea and gives opportunities for pretty much everything o.o
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: Meh   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 am

To make things more difficult to consider, the Triumvirte of O'ros wants us to make an alliance with them, thus lending further 'Pros' to Azuremyst.
Back to top Go down
salyan

salyan

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am

Well
1. i would love to rp/pvp a little.
2. well that sound awesome and it could be funny to see how Malvor takes it.
3.and yes darnassus would be funny as well and me might get some to join and take up to our deals with our allied guilds

but remember we are circles so i will say.

2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
Barkskin

Barkskin

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 am

i dont care were we are, but rp/pvp would be fun.

im still leaning to the barrens.

and fare away from darnassus as that would probably make it hard for the humans in the guild to mingle.
i mean its the night elf capital and its night elf guilds.

if anything to the amy isls then.
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: Darnassus   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 am

Votes:

Barrens: II
Azuremyst: II
Darnassus V
Darkshore: -

So it looks very much like we're going to be heading to Darnassus next. Pack up your bags. We'll either be moving next Saturday - when I'm away Sad - or some time the week after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where next? - Conclusion?   Where next? - Conclusion? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where next? - Conclusion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Jade Gathering :: Out of Character :: Random chat-
Jump to: