The Jade Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all members (and anyone interested) in The Jade Gathering.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MoP - The first two weeks

Go down 
+2
Elendrion
Malvor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

MoP - The first two weeks Empty
PostSubject: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 am

As Mists of Pandaria looms in closer, it's got me thinking about what we're going to do guild-wise. I've got a couple of ideas regarding the first two weeks of the expansion, and a brief plan for the months after that. So, here we go.

The biggest and hopefully most effective thing would be a two week 'dormant' period where we take our guild-based RP to a minimum, and instead put our efforts into levelling our old characters, and gearing them up a little bit. We might still have one or two RP events, but the majority of planned gatherings will be for levelling purposes and will be intended for us to run instances or scenarios together.

During this two week period, you will be encouraged to place any new character you create in the guild while they are levelled up. This will mean that you can keep in contact with your freinds from the Gathering, and can hopefully benefit from guild instances and levelling schemes. After the two week period, your new Pandaren or Monk character will be allowed into the guild on an IC basis, if you wish it so.

Hopefully, with these schemes in place, we'll be able to keep the guild's activity up during the beginning of MoP, and give you all the opportunity to roleplay with us on your new characters with minimal hassle.

And yes, this does mean Pandaren will be allowed into the guild!

Last edited by Malvor on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.argentarchives.org/node/92178
Elendrion

Elendrion

PostSubject: Sounds great!   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:10 am

Sounding awesome, as always. I'll be sure to put my Pandaren Monk in the Guild!
Back to top Go down
Ashevn

Ashevn

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm

When I first saw the title of the thread I was going to post exactly what you already had said Malvor. That being that the guild should take a period of rest to allow the members to gear up, do dungeons, and check out the new features of the expansion before the Jade becomes active again. Good idea and I'm looking forward to the future RP with the Panderan. I'm also looking to see how well people RP them. After all, the Panderan are pretty much going to be a retard-check when it comes to RP. The Panderan as well as Monks and how they're RPed.

It's going to be glorious meeting a Human/Elf/Draenei/Worgen/Dwarf/Gnome monk who already have mastered the arts of hand-to-hand combat as well as the creation of inner balance through chi-type meditations only a week after the Panderan were introduced to the Alliance as well as these new techniques! I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sinreas

Sinreas

PostSubject: Ok, Ashevn!   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 am

I'll get on that, Ashie! I'm making a Human Monk as soon as MoP starts! Razz
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 am

As will I, Sinny. I think.

But I'll probably get Malv to 90 first.
Back to top Go down
Rainseeker

Rainseeker

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 am

I am thinking brewmaster panda monk, already began refreshing my lore on that. I might even have a good reason to seek the jades out, but I will need to check with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Rainseeker

Rainseeker

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Well I have been reading some of the lore and I already see a lot of hooks, at least the piece made by Anne Stickney
Back to top Go down
salyan

salyan

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Well i am trying to make a Runemaster and you already know him and he have a reason to seek out the jade but he do not know it.
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 pm

I've got the Brewmaster title shared on all my characters now, which makes the idea of creating a Pandaren really, REALLY enticing.
Back to top Go down
Rainseeker

Rainseeker

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 pm

With a lot of reading done,I am beginning to write the background, just need some answers from someone two weave two people together as friends.
Back to top Go down
Sinreas

Sinreas

PostSubject: My Monk is just waiting to exist!   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:01 am

I've done some research into Monk and Pandaren Lore, mostly from All the world's a stage. I've now thought of the basic story of how my Human Monk became a Monk! He's going to be even older than Sin! (but not so old that he would be unable to flip around and be all agile and stuff.) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MoP - The first two weeks   MoP - The first two weeks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MoP - The first two weeks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Jade Gathering :: Out of Character :: Random chat-
Jump to: