The Jade Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all members (and anyone interested) in The Jade Gathering.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The end of a dream

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainseeker

Rainseeker

The end of a dream Empty
PostSubject: The end of a dream   The end of a dream I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:22 am

I came to the jade gathering as a novice, I have never rp'd in my life.
Yes I did do my research before making Ilidia, but it was with the help of the gathering that I was able to grow both Ilidia and myself. I have had a lot of fun, even due i do not like seeing prominent players leave without saying why. Nor do I like seeing players staying offline for so long, I understand IRL comes first. But please say why, now we miss you without. Knowing why you are gone.

What ever any one thinks, we did not peek at the crusade.  We where already on. A roll before that, I still remember much of the preparations. We made friends and enemy's. We made a dark tree, a potion exploding. We where able to do what we wanted, awaken the dormant ancients. So what we did not succeed in the crusade, we did our best in a attempt to make it happen.

We are the jade gathering, we tend to those that need our aid. And strike at those that prevent us from doing so, and of coarse we struck at those that where in our way to fulfill our goal. Mending this world, so it could flourish again.

I think I speak for all of us when saying, thank you Malvor. For giving us this dream, and the opportunity to walk among you to life this dream. And of coarse thank you everyone for your efforts, as I am writing this the songs from the forums rush true my head, I also see the work that the members made. 

It hurts me to see this dream coming to an end but I am clad to be a part of it, I will look back with a smile when I think of what we have done As a whole. Although I understand Malvor in ending it rather then handing it over, for the various reasons given. It pains me to see it go down, but well I was a part of it and no one will take it away from me.

This is how I feel about the jades, feel free to make your own version, show him that he has touched us with this guild. Ease his mind or vex it, tell what you think about what he has done. For us and perhaps himself, this is what I think. Now what do you think?
Back to top Go down
salyan

salyan

The end of a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of a dream   The end of a dream I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Well Ilidia now i will steal the spot light bounce

I have been rp'ed all my life D.a.d pathfinder. even self made rp i have made many Live role plat events and played it for many years. i have played wow form well when it was released Arrow
I started to rp on Moonglade and i thoughts well this is kinda funny then i try to make an ally on AD and i liked how it all was made... how it was planed... the frist member i meet was Tyri she gave me an Invted and i meet you all.
Heh i was like affraid when i started all what i know about wow rp could i throw away for this was how i wanted to rp like all the others.
and even from my dyslexic i was carryed on to reach a hold new lvl i was not throwen out because Hey he cant spell. kick HIM.
I was given a changes to live in my little Wow ream as Malvin Rockwood and on our last day i will raise my glass and make a cheer for you Malvor... you where the big boss you where the one that made it all possible you helped me alot showing what kinds of Addons would help me and what i made mistakes you gave me a changes to make my own event with help of you Ilidia so i will carry on rp and i will be waiting to i hear the jade is back.
so thank you Malvor you helped me more then you would think and belive...
and you better make the jade up again i still need to make an end for my event ! lol!
So please keep me touch on Salyan but when mist comes out i will be on Desdal ^^ he is back !
but back again Thank you Malvor you gather us all together you hold us up and raised this will not end the Jade gathring we will never end we will alway be jades for us all for you malvor because you made us this great. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sinreas

Sinreas

The end of a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of a dream   The end of a dream I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Oh, god, I swear I'm gonna start crying if I type this... Here goes.

I have RP'd for just under two years. Most of that, I was alone, and didn't really know what it was like to RP. I had MRP, and probably Tongues. I was just getting into levelling Sin, having had a Tauren on Karazhan since just before Wrath, I think. I had taken a break from levelling to go to Azuremyst Isle and try and improve Sin's Leatherworking skill. I went into the Exodar for a bit, and saw Malvor's recruitment macro in Trade. I went on the old guild website, had a look around on AA for a bit as well, having not been on it before, and then decided I wanted to join. So, I came to Moonglade, just before an event in fact, and Alweya and Malv were there. I asked to join, Malvor asked me a few questions, and I began the experience which, very quickly, took me from not really knowing what I was doing to where I am now. Malvor very quickly corrected mistakes I was making in RP, recommended I get GHI and brought me into a wonderful community. For all of this, I cannot repay him or any of the other guild members, past or present. Thank you so much, guys.

I'd also like to say that my contribution to the guild has been, in my eyes, not as good as it could have been. I have a rather irritating (in the kindest way of putting it) habit of organising things on days of events. I know this cannot always be helped, and RL should come first, but I wish I had been more careful. The very final, most fatal example of this is the fact that I organised something from Friday evening to mid-Sunday of next week, which clashes with the final two events. I will sorely hate myself for that, but I can't change it now. I'm going to have to just say now, I will miss all the RP we have, and hope that if we reform, the first event will be as epic as the last, and I won't have to miss it! Now I have a few, final words:

The Jade Gathering is dead. Long live The Jade Gathering.
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

The end of a dream Empty
PostSubject: My Goodbye   The end of a dream I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 am

I'll start by thanking all of you, both vetern Jades and newly mades included; you've all helped to make this guild a joyous, active, inclusive community that I for one will always remember and refer to as the 'good old days'. You have all made such a major contribution to everything around you, and as a guild leader I can be nothing but proud of the huge effort all of you have put in to help me, the guild, and your fellow Jades.

It's been a long, memorable journey that we all knew would eventually come to an end, as all good things do. We began small and grew in size to the point that we could actively create our own roleplay without the need of others, and with this, we prospered.

We all have our favourite moments from our days in the Gathering, and the thoughts and memories that I hold highly may differ from your own, but I'd like to mention just a few below.

My oldest memory of the Gathering is when we were but a newly born guild, recruiting for a week and preparing to leave for the Moonglade. I can remember standing in Stormwind when a gathering of around four of our Druidesses suggested that we should roleplay together before we set off. - This was the first point that my eyes were opened to the possibilites that this Gathering could bring.

Another vision from the past is the day Sinreas decided to join the guild. He was brought to me by another Jade, and I was given the charge over his initiation. His grammar and punctuation was.. Questionable, but I let him in nonetheless and gave a few helpful pointers. Then, within mere days of the Initiate joining the Gathering, I could see vast improvements taking place, leading up to the position in which he now stands; as one of the better rolepalyers on this realm, one which takes full part in guild discussions, and, more commonly, begins them. Since the days in which Sinreas was a initiate, he has prospered and brought a powerful new light to the Gathering.

I also remember our largest event turnout, which was the 'Emerald Nightmare' event in the Moonglade. We gathered as normal, and I was honestly pleasently surprised to see such a large amount of people present. The event itself was reviewed so highly by those involved that I was prompted to create other events in the same style. We also gained three members during that event.

Then, of course, we have the Felwood Crusade. It was a mighty campaign at best and a stressful hardship as worst, but we came out of it the better. The main thing I remember from this Crusade was the shear commitment my lovely Jades put into event turnouts. As other guilds withdrew and we were left all but alone, the Gathering continued to show, and I think it was after that Crusade that I really realised what sort of impact the guild was having on roleplay in general.

Next followed the Death of our beloved Captain Delder, the numerous fights with the Twilight Hammer, and, finally our recruitment in Darnassus, which brought with it many new faces to the Gathering. But the thing that never fails to bring a smile to my face is the tenacity of the Jades throughout all this. Ilidia, Ashevn, Sinreas, Salyan, Veronica, Erlador, Nyllen, Elendrion and Amoniel are among the many who stand out to me as loyal, prominent Jades that lived 'through it all'.

And then we come to present day, with not memories, but the anticipation of the Gathering's last events, the happenings which will end the guild on a whole and bring a final end to our enjoyable, memorable and at times emotional journey.

Thus I conclude that the Gathering has had such an impact on both my personal life, and, more obviously, Malvor's life. I'm genuinely flattered by the lovely comments you've all made towards me as a person, and in reading what you think of it all, it makes me feel as if my job is finally complete as a guild leader, and I have made a lasting impression on all of you.

With hope, we will meet again over the Christmas months, and we can once again join forces to eradicte some huge evil that looms over us all.

I say goodbye to all of my beautiful Jades, and thank you all for your contribution to the guild and my life. I will always hold a piece of what you have tought me, and I will bear with me the memories of you all, for a long time to come.

Shan'do Malvor Lashvine

Hash!
Back to top Go down
http://www.argentarchives.org/node/92178
Sponsored content

The end of a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of a dream   The end of a dream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The end of a dream
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Jade Gathering :: Out of Character :: Random chat-