The Jade Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all members (and anyone interested) in The Jade Gathering.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Glimpse Into the Past

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashevn

Ashevn

A Glimpse Into the Past Empty
PostSubject: A Glimpse Into the Past   A Glimpse Into the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 am

"A Glimpse Into the Past" is a short collection of stories I'm writing that delves into the background of my character Ashevn. The story behind him and his father Enthorial is extremely vast but there's always room to expand upon it further. Hell, the crystal at the head of Ashevn's staff has more lore behind it then I could possibly explain within a few hours of your time. Ask anyone that I've explained the storyline to and they'll tell you. Regardless, "A Glimpse Into the Past" offers an insight to a time when the War of the Ancients had just passed and it leads up and will progress through the War of the Satyr which occurs only two years after the Sundering.

These stories aren't meant to be extremely detailed and I'm keep them very short. If you'd like to take a look at who Ashevn once was before he was who he stands as today then feel free to take a look. I'll update this thread as I make more posts:

A Glimpse Into the Past 1 - Addiction
http://www.argentarchives.org/node/110826
After the Great Sundering the Elves were banned from using Arcane magic by the High Druid himself. Some agreed and were easily swayed away from the spellcraft but others thought the decision was foolish. Their culture had been bred on magic and now they were told they couldn't use it? Some of these individuals turned away from the ban set by Malfurion and began to prepare for the Legion's return through magical means. This cult of magic users were the first Demon Hunters.

A Glimpse Into the Past 2 - I'm Selfish?
http://www.argentarchives.org/node/115101
After breaking his addiction Ashevn is put into a state of depression and self-pity. He hates his father's side of the family for what they've done to him and he can't stand how Malfurion has held him back in his druidic training with the only explanation being: "You're not yet ready." This short story details how Ashevn overcomes this break within himself and how he's able to do so not through himself but through another.

A Glimpse Into the Past 3 - The War of the Satyr
Coming soon.

A Glimpse Into the Past 4 - You Need to Let Go...
Coming soon.

With my final story "You Need to Let Go..." I actually intend to end this small four-part storyline with a short video I'm currently working on. "You Need to Let Go..." is the conclusion to my mini-series where Ashevn is forced to face that which Malfurion has warned him of and he's forced to overcome one of the greatest obstacles any druid faces: Himself. As a preview for this upcoming video I have two screenshots here that may give an idea to what I'm producing:

A Glimpse Into the Past IYsIi
Letting go.

A Glimpse Into the Past JLQma
Falling.
Back to top Go down
Malvor
Admin
Malvor

PostSubject: Video   A Glimpse Into the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm just getting down to reading through these stories now, Ashevn. And I simply love the idea of a short video being made in order to conclude things. When it's finished, be sure to inform me and I'll make you a special thread that ensures no-one can miss it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.argentarchives.org/node/92178
salyan

salyan

PostSubject: Re: A Glimpse Into the Past   A Glimpse Into the Past I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 am

One word Awesome... affraid

i love the idea it is great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Glimpse Into the Past   A Glimpse Into the Past I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Glimpse Into the Past
Page 1 of 1